Thursday 19 December 2013

Foood update!

Takoyaki Party! Woooo! 



For lack of a better description, takoyaki is squid balls. As far as I am concerned, they are doughy balls with a piece of squid inside. Okay so it is times like this that I realise that I never really know what I am eating, so according to wikipedia: 



"Takoyaki (たこ焼き or 蛸焼) is a ball-shaped Japanese snack made of a wheat flour-based batter and cooked in a special takoyaki pan. It is typically filled with minced or diced octopus (tako), tempura scraps (tenkasu), pickled ginger, and green onion. Takoyaki are brushed with takoyaki sauce, similar to Worcestershire sauce, and mayonnaise. "









As unappealing as it sounds, takoyaki is nevertheless delicious! 





Turkish Pizza



As I mentioned in a previous post, I am interested in not only Japanese food, but how other countries food is presented in Japan. I previously talked about Indian food in Japan, and this time I visited a Turkish restaurant.




For whatever reason, pizza in Japan is ridiculously expensive, and on a previous venture to PizzaHut here, I paid 3000 yen (£18) for a fairly plain tasting pizza, which I could have eaten easily in one sitting!
However, this Turkish restaurant served us with fresh and delicious pizza for a very decent price. Plus it came with Turkish tea, which I love anyway. I always find it very interesting to go into these foreign restaurants in Japan, as they have the feeling of almost escaping Japan into a small piece of Turkey or Indian or wherever. Something I had never thought about or felt before back home in the UK.

Bonus Random Picture
"SPARKLING TIME"

No comments:

Post a Comment